Thursday, July 17, 2014

Golf Joke

A man and wife were playing in their club's annual "Guys and Dolls" tournament. The man was not happy about having to play, but his wife insisted. On the 12th tee, his patience had reached its limit. While his wife wasted time on the ladies tee, he decided to go ahead and hit his drive from the men's. Unfortunately, he misjudged his shot and his ball hit his wife in the back of the head, lodging the ball deep into her skull.  As he rode in the ambulance with her to the hospital, he pleaded with her to live.  He apologized profusely for losing his patience and told her he wanted nothing more then for her to live so they could spend the rest of their lives together.

When they reached the hospital, she was wheeled into surgery while he waited, crying inconsolably.  When he saw the look on the face of the surgeon who came out to talk to him, he knew the worst had occurred.

"Just give it to me straight, Doc," the man said.

"I'm sorry, but your wife is dead," the surgeon replied.

He started sobbing so loudly the entire hospital heard him.  The surgeon was emotionless as he stood in front of the man.  He had been carrying the forms the man filled out when he arrived, and he began to thumb though them.

"I know this might not be the best time to bring this up, but you said on these forms that you are uninsured."

"Yes," the man replied as his sobbing died down.  "I can't believe what's happened.  Just an hour ago my wife and I were playing golf.  We were happy and had a lifetime together ahead of us.  Now she's dead and I'm going to go bankrupt trying to pay these medical bills."

The surgeon sat down next to the man and looked at him with an expression of the utmost sympathy. "I think you should know that I have the power to make all these bills disappear.  All I need is for you to do a little favor for me."

The man was quite confused by what the surgeon was saying to him.  "And what favor would I have to do for you?"

"Nothing much," the surgeon said with a shrug of his shoulders.  "All I want is for you to play a round of golf with MY wife."

No comments:

Post a Comment