Monday, October 20, 2014

Government Incompetence: Part 374,897,392,472

So today when I was coming in to work I had to drive around a crew cleaning up the leaves off the street curb.  Now, I've lived in several different areas over the past decade, and everywhere I have lived previously collected leaves in the same manner.  They had a single large dump truck for vacuuming them up and hauling them away.  This method was quick, easy, and could be done by a crew of just 2-3 men.  In contrast to this simple setup, the locality where I am living apparently believes the only way it can clean up leaves is with a front loader, five dump trucks, and a crew of about ten men.  Instead of vacuuming up the leaves, they were blowing them into the shovel of the front loader before depositing them in the dump trucks.  Needless to say, this way is a hell of a lot more costly, but at least some cronies are making money.

No comments:

Post a Comment